Happy New Year!
This is the year to make sure all aspects of compliance are covered for your cannabis operations. Did you know only 3 states have Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) resources available specific to the cannabis industry?
Cal/OSHA recommends the following programs for cannabis operators:
- Electrical Hazards
- Exposures to Airborne Contaminants
- Flammable Liquids and Gases
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Energy – Lockout/Tagout
- Heat Illness Prevention
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Machine Hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Point of Operation Hazards
- Pressure Vessels
- Prohibition of Smoking in the Workplace
- Repetitive Motion Injuries
- Sanitation and Pest Control
- Slips, Trips, Falls and Use of Ladders
You may need a State or Federal Environmental Permit/Plan if you have, or operate within the following conditions:
- Construction projects that disturb more than 1 acre of developed or undeveloped land.
- If you discharge from a point source into the waters of the United States
- Utilize backup emergency generators
- Generate hazardous waste (e.g.,cannabis flower or waste products contaminated by pesticides or other hazardous compounds)
- Dispose of batteries, light bulbs or mercury containing equipment
Whether or not you know these rules exist; non-compliance holds consequences ranging from fines and penalties, to operational shut downs.
(Please note the compliance list above is NOT exhaustive of all EHS regulations)
Delta Compliance provides EHS services to all 50 States and U.S. Territories. Let the experts at Delta support your operation in all your EHS compliance needs. Schedule your free consultation today!
Check out our video below!